Fees and funding for full-time training
The MGA Academy of Performing Arts is the only Council for Dance and Drama Education and Training college in Scotland. We are also the largest independent SQA Approved Centre running professional training courses in Scotland. All tuition fees for our Degree and Foundation courses are kept to an absolute minimum but do reflect the expertise of the teaching staff, quality of facilities, small class sizes and sheer number of contact teaching hours offered.
- All deposits and tuition fees are non refundable.
- Payments including deposits must be made by bank transfer (account details are available upon request), cheques and cash can be accepted with prior notice. MGA is happy to discuss other payment methods on an individual basis and accepts most credit cards.
- A discount of 5% applies for payment of one year of tuition fees in one lump sum before 1st June of that year of study.
- A discount of 10% applies for payment of three years of tuition fees in one lump sum before 1st June of the first year of study.
Serving members of Her Majesty’s Armed Forces (Regular and Reserve) and their children receive a 5% discount on all our tuition fees.
Please view our fee sheet for full information and read the notes carefully – you can also contact us to arrange a consultation.
Course fee terms
- Enrolment is for the course in its entirety (three terms per year of study).
- One full term’s notice is due for termination of attendance.
- Registration fee for the year is to be paid upon acceptance of place and then annually upon offer of entry into each subsequent year of study.
- Annual tuition fee is paid in three termly instalments per year of study: 1st August (Term 1), 1st December (Term 2) and 1st April (Term 3).
- All registration and tuition fees are non refundable.
- Payments to MGA must be made by bank transfer, cheque or cash.
- Students are responsible for applying to any and all funding sources including SAAS.
- The fee amounts shown in the current fee sheet do not take into account SAAS support that eligible students may receive.
- Annual tuition fee increases for students enrolled on our courses will not exceed the rate of inflation, as measured by the Consumer Price Index (CPI).
- A discount of 5% applies for payment of one year of tuition fees in one lump sum before 1st June of that year of study; a discount of 10% applies for payment of three years of tuition fees in one lump sum before 1st June of the first year of study.
- Serving members of Her Majesty’s Armed Forces (Regular and Reserve) and their children receive a 5% discount on all our tuition fees.
The following course-specific related costs are NOT included in the fees:
- Technical clothing as per class requirements
- Scripts/books as required by subject reading list
- Visits to the theatre
- Accommodation and Living expenses
- Professional headshots
- International educational trips
- Entry into Spotlight
- Equity Membership
- Travel and accommodation for London showcases
Audition fee: MGA do not (and have never) charged an audition fee!
Annual registration and academic charges: for all full-time courses, payable on registration for each year of study.
- BA (Hons) Acting – £1,750 per year
- BA (Hons) Musical Theatre – £1,750 per year
- BA (Hons) Dance for Commercial Performance – £1,750 per year
- Foundation Courses – £1,750 per year
Accommodation and living costs: MGA does not have any on-campus accommodation, but will assist all students upon successful entry to a course by placing them in contact with local providers of student accommodation and private landlords. (More information on accommodation here.)
Eligible students can receive approximately £1,205 funding from the Student Awards Agency for Scotland each year. Visit www.saas.gov.uk to apply or to find out if you are eligible.
Full‑time Scottish nationals only can apply for SAAS funding and you will need to apply through the SAAS website before the appropriate date.
Please note, applicants from England do not qualify for funding through SAAS or SLC.
Other sources of funding
The information in the above link is intended to give you a starting point to the organisations who may offer funding. It is not exhaustive and availability may vary from year to year. Several charitable trusts exist that help finance Performing Arts student. Funding sources will also vary depending on the part of the country you live in, so please do not limit yourself to only looking at these.
Further information is available on this comprehensive database of funding available for both UK and EU undergraduates: www.thescholarshiphub.org.uk