The MGA Academy of Performing Arts is based in the beautiful city of Edinburgh.
Facilities at the academy complex include:
- High-quality studio spaces (including dedicated music and acting rooms) equipped with Clavinovas and state-of-the-art sound systems
- Private practise rooms
- Computer suites including printers, copiers and wifi access throughout the building
- Student rooms
- Library of musical theatre recordings, scores, scripts, DVDs and theory books
- Extensive costume/prop store and workshop
- Student changing facilities and locker room
- Security and CCTV for student and visitor safety and onsite parking.
MGA also has relationships with other rehearsal spaces in the city that support the specific needs of our training programmes.
Within its main centre in the Grassmarket, Dance Base – Scotland’s National Centre for Dance – has four beautiful studios, each with a unique character. MGA uses these facilities to deliver classes, workshops and castings.
MGA is also hosted by the Rose Theatre Edinburgh which has several studios and production spaces used by our students for both training and performance.
In order to maintain our high standards in creating a professional experience for our students, MGA uses several production venues across Edinburgh for performances. As a student at MGA you may find yourself standing on one of many world-class theatre stages, including:
- Usher Hall
- Festival Theatre
- The Assembly Roxy
- The King’s Theatre
In addition to these incredible performance spaces, MGA produces work in film studios, fringe venues and cabaret bars across the city – and, of course, from our own studio facilities!