Published 20/12/18 2:26pm
Seasons Greetings from MGA
Here at The MGA Academy of Performing Arts we would like to take the opportunity to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a joy-filled and peaceful New Year! We hope all our hardworking staff and wonderful students of Full-Time and Part-Time schools have a lovely break over the Christmas period – see you in 2019!
It’s been a truly spectacular finish to the winter term in Edinburgh with a fabulous performance of A Christmas Wish at the Usher Hall featuring all our fantastic students. A huge thank you to all our full-time Musical Theatre and Dance students, Fierce Theatre Schools Edinburgh team and Stage Academies groups who performed a stunning set of festive numbers for a very appreciative audience and in support of a good cause.
A massive thanks as well to our dedicated team from across the MGA faculties – tutors, directors, our academy staff and admin team, and all the volunteers who helped make the show happen. It wouldn’t happen without you!
For the second year running, A Christmas Wish has supported The MGA Foundation, a Scottish charity broadening access to opportunities for people from non-privileged backgrounds from or based in Scotland wishing to train in Performing Arts. You can read more about the Foundation, its work and how you can support it at the MGA Foundation website.
We’re also looking forward to the New Year, which will kick off in traditional fashion with the annual MGA trip to the Big Apple! This life-changing trip to New York offers full-time students a unique opportunity to experience the industry firsthand on the other side of the ‘pond’, with classes led by leading performers and teachers, networking events with MGA’s industry friends and professional consultants, and to learn about the current theatre scene in New York. Find out more about why we believe these trips are a fantastic addition to our students’ professional training – and take a look at some photos from recent visits – over on our trips page…
We’ve also got some incredible masterclasses and workshop weeks coming up so get them in the diary and book places before they fill up! Already on the calendar:
- January Masterclass with Broadway maestro Jonathan Reid Gealt (sessions for 8-12s, 13-17 and 18+)
- Prospective students can come and check us out at the Full-Time School open day on 7th February
- We have two opportunities to come and experience life as a full-time performing arts student in Edinburgh if you want more of a taste – our popular Lads Week from July 22nd and then A Week In The Life from July 29th (age 13+)
- Summer School madness kicks in from July 22nd for two weeks (age 7-15)
- And for those who can’t wait – you can book NOW for our October half-term Commercial Video Week, which was a huge success last October! (streamed groups covering age 8-25)
Auditions for our Full-Time School degree courses run throughout the year and there is still plenty of time to apply to join us from September 2019. Why wait? Apply now – just fill out our simple online form and we’ll see you at the audition!!
As ever, all our current news, class updates and student success stories can be found on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and we suspect there will be some postcards coming in from NYC in the New Year as well!