MGA Isolation Competition
MGA is on the lookout for the VERY BEST TALENT OUT THERE IN ISOLATION! Send us a video recording of you performing a Musical Theatre song, a dance or a monologue while you are at home during isolation and our star judges will award their favourite in each category with a £150 prize.
- 3 Categories – Musical Theatre Singing, Dance, Acting
- 1 cash prize winner of £150 in each category
This competition is open to ANYONE aged 12 and older! And contestants from all around the world are welcome to participate. We just need to know your name, your age and where you are in the world right now.
The MGA Isolation Competition categories will be judged by three top theatre performers: Kerry Ellis (Musical Theatre Singing) and Adam Garcia (Dance) and Harriet Thorpe (Acting)!
Competition launch – Monday 20th April 2020 Submissions deadline – Monday 4th May 2020 Finalists announced – Thursday 7th May 2020 Final round submissions deadline – Thursday 14th May 2020
- Winner annoucement by judges – Friday 22nd May 2020
The only person in your video must be YOU. No duets or group performances with the exception of someone else in your household playing the musical accompaniment for you on an instrument.
Costume is not a requirement for any category.
You must submit ONE video only for each category. You may enter a video for one, two or all three categories. You will be judged on your performance in each category separately.
If you are under 16 you must include the name of a parent or guardian on the online entry form.
Please send us a video recording of your performance following these rules for the category you are entering and the video requirements below…
For Musical Theatre Singing:
- Your entry be a Musical Theatre song (jukebox musicals are allowed).
- Your entry must be recorded with either pre-recorded backing track or a live musical instrument – no a capella (unaccompanied) submissions will be accepted. (Another member of your household can play the musical instrument.)
- Your performance will be judged on your acting through song as well as your vocal quality.
- Your entry must be performed with pre-recorded music.
- Your performance can be in any genre of dance.
- You will be judged on your performance as well as technique and style.
- Your entry must be a Classical, a Contemporary or a personally-devised monologue.
- You will be judged on your interpretation and presentation.
- As evidence that video recording is exclusively intended for competition you must say your full name, followed by “Isolation Competition Submission” before commencing your performance.
- Videos must be minimum of 1 minute 30 seconds and maximum of 2 minutes.
- You must be clearly seen in video footage.
- Your video must be recorded during the competition period (20th to 4th May 2020) while you are staying at home in isolation. Archive, showreel and production footage will not be accepted.
- The online entry form must be completed before you submit your video.
- Recordings should be sent in MP4 format.
- Recordings which do not comply with the required conditions will be deleted and not entered.
- The Judges’ decisions are final. Unfortunately we cannot provide individual feedback for each entry.
- Winners will be announced on 22nd May 2020 on The MGA Academy of Performing Arts’ Instagram and Facebook accounts. Winners will be contacted shortly before the public announcement and cash prizes will be arranged and sent via bank transfer.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Contestant will observe all Competition Rules and Video Requirements. Entries that do not will be removed from the competition.
- Competition entries that are received after 11.59pm on 4th May will not be included in the competition.
- Online entries that do not have an accompanying video clearly submitted will be removed from the competition.
- The Contestant must be aware that there will be a Final round of performance for which they will be required to upload a second additional recording of a song, dance or monologue for their category.
- If short-listed for the Final round, the Contestant agrees to allow MGA to use submitted materials for publicity and marketing purposes on all media for the duration of the competition and up to 12 months following the announcement of winners.
- Completion of online entry form and submission of video is confirmation that the Contestant has agreed to not hold MGA liable or responsible for unauthorised content produced, used, exploited or added by third parties to contributions available on social or other public media.
- Completion of online entry form is confirmation that the Contestant has read and understood the MGA Isolation Competition’s Terms and Conditions.
**We have reached the deadline for this competition, and are not accepting anymore entries. Thank you to those who have applied. We will be in touch very soon with entrants who have progressed to the finals!**