Introducing The MGA Academy of Performing Arts
Everyone involved with MGA is passionate about acting, singing and dance training for talented young people, not only from Edinburgh and Scotland but from the rest of the UK and beyond. MGA is a centre of excellence providing training, support and promotion for young performers.
Mindful that there are very few independent, specialist performing arts academies outside of London that offer not only the expert tuition but also the industry contacts and career development tools young performers deserve, MGA strives to give those London-based drama schools a touch of competition from ‘up north’! It doesn’t all have to be about London, you know!
As a Scottish Qualifications Authority Approved Centre, MGA guarantees high standards of training and the opportunity to gain experience and recognised qualifications in performing arts.
A team of dedicated professionals form MGA’s permanent teaching staff alongside tutors drawn from across the UK, Europe and the US. Together, they bring a wealth of industry experience to the classes they conduct in acting, singing and dance, as well as to the drama sessions and workshops in Edinburgh and surrounding areas. They are complimented by an amazing group of consultants and visiting professionals who share their skills and experiences of life in the industry with the students and a wonderful group of parents, guardians and friends who support MGA’s work.
By concentrating on a manageable number of students, who are offered not only initial training but ongoing support and advice after graduation, MGA is becoming an obvious choice for anyone seriously considering a career in musical theatre or performance.
What we offer…
- Stage Academies: combining singing, dancing and acting classes for school years P3 to S2
- Stage Academinis: like Stage Academies but smaller! For ages 4 up to P2
- Fierce Theatre School: encouraging young people in years S1-S6 to build and develop their performance skills
- One-year Prevocational Performing Arts course
- Three-year full-time Diploma in Musical Theatre
- Three-year full-time Diploma in Dance
- Three-year full-time Diploma in Acting
- One-year Advanced courses in Acting, Musical Theatre or Dance
- Covering all aspects of performing arts, our workshops include fun sessions for young people and our popular Edinburgh Musical Theatre Summer School, through to professional development and commissions